Thursday, 11 June 2026

Dear PM : Please Mandate " Monitoring Framework "

 Governance · 12 June 2026


Reason to Rejoice


Yesterday the Prime Minister asked for a monitoring framework and time-bound

 targets. Seven years ago, so did I.


In one lineAt the 11th NITI Aayog Governing Council (11 June 2026), Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi called for a monitoring framework with targeted 100-day, five-year and ten-year goals for Viksit Bharat@2047 — the very mechanism I had urged in my note of 09 June 2019, and again on the eve of this meeting in yesterday’s open letter.

I do not often allow myself a moment of celebration. Today I will. Reading the

morning’s newspapers, I found the Prime Minister, at the 11th Governing Council

Meeting of NITI Aayog, pressing for exactly the two things a citizen had set down

in writing seven years ago

  

> a monitoring framework, and measurable, time-bound targets

   against which performance can be judged.


I claim no credit — good ideas belong to no one, and a Prime Minister arrives at

them with counsel far weightier than mine. But a citizen may be permitted the

quiet joy of seeing his words echoed from the highest table in the land.

What I wrote
“NITI V 2.0: A Concept Note” · 09 June 2019

A third-party independent agency must monitor target vs actual achievement.

Drafts must contain concrete steps for measurable end-targets, each with a named owner.

What the PM said
11th NITI Aayog Governing Council · 11 June 2026

Establish a monitoring framework for Viksit Bharat@2047.

Set targeted 100-day, five-year and ten-year goals, with accountability for delivery.

The reports that prompted this note:


The Economic Times · monitoring framework & 100-day / five-year goals
Business Standard · time-bound targets for Viksit Bharat 2047
PMO on X · monitoring framework & 100-day / five-year / ten-year goals
Press Information Bureau · official record of the meeting

My letter of thanks to the Prime Minister

To: Hon’ble Prime Minister of India  ·  
Subject: 
Thank you — the monitoring framework I had urged in 2019


Respected Shri Narendra Modiji,


Permit an ordinary citizen a word of heartfelt thanks.


At yesterday’s 11th Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog, you called

for a monitoring framework and for targeted 100-day, five-year and ten-

year goals to deliver Viksit Bharat@2047. 


Reading this, I felt a quiet vindication -

— for these were the very heart of suggestions I had placed

before NITI Aayog in my note ,


“NITI V 2.0: A Concept Note” (09 June 2019),


 - and which I had respectfully restated to you only on the eve of

 this meeting (11 June 2026).


I do not write to claim authorship. 


I write to say: thank you for arriving at the same conviction, and for

placing it at the centre of the national agenda.


If, as you have asked, very citizen is to add a brick to the building of

Viksit Bharat, then to see one’s small brick laid in the wall is reward

enough.


May I gently add the one piece that completes the architecture : 

> let an independent third party, not the implementing ministry itself 

   publish the target-versus-actual scorecard, on a fixed calendar, without

   awaiting approval. 


A framework that measures itself is the only thing that can turn a target

into a result.


With deep respect and warm regards,

Hemen Parekh · 

Mumbai

Hemen Parekh

Mumbai · 12 June 2026

www.hemenparekh.ai  |  myblogepage.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment