Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 9 May 2020

IFF : Face the Future


Internet Freedom Foundation ( IFF ) has written to Parliamentary Panel on IT ( headed by Shashi Taroor ), saying : Aarogya Setu app breaches privacy of users

Apparently, 90 million persons who have, so far downloaded Aarogya Setu , do not seem to think so !

 They are saying :

Over the past 20 years , I have filled in thousands of FORMS - APPLICATIONS ( both , online and off line ) , revealing to Govts / Banks / E Com companies / Service providing companies etc., everything they wanted to know about me ( whether needed or not ). Compared to those DATA , what I give to Aarogya Setu , is peanuts !

--------------------------------------

I urge IFF to conduct ( from its website ), an online REFERENDUM , asking :

" Are you comfortable sharing your data with Aarogya Setu ?
YES / NO "
-------------------
A survey of 16,000 people ( aged 16-74 ) in 20 countries brought out that " Indians Most Comfortable Sharing Their Data " [ 69 % ]

Source :


Der Shri Apar Guptaji,

<apar@internetfreedom.in>


Saving of LIVES must have precedence over trying to protect personal data which is already on millions of computers , which are exchanging that data all the time , without your permission


STATISTA.COM
The survey conducted among respondents from the U.S., U.K., India, France and Canada answers questions about consumer attitude towards sharing their personal information with companies, kinds of data they are willing to share and who is worthy to receive their information. These perceptions are comp...

No comments:

Post a Comment