Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 17 December 2020

Adding Fodder to Fire ? or, just calculated mischief ?

 


 

Context :

MEA launches site to “ link Farmers with Investors    /  Eco Times ( Print Version ) – 17 Dec 2020

Extract :

Ø  www.indbiz.gov.in will help farmers acquire investment and market their products abroad

Ø  India, on Wednesday launched a digital interface for FOREIGN INVESTORS to connect directly with FARMERS

Ø  As per sources, www.indbiz.gov.in will be a ONE-STOP window for FARMERS to ACQUIRE INVESTMENTS and market their products abroad

=============================================================================

I went through the website. It does provide to foreign investors some useful information and links to other govt websites / resources

I could not find any page from where an Indian Farmer could find a foreign buyer ( for export ) or for “ acquiring investment “ !  May be I did not dive deep enough !   

You may want to look up  : http://www.indbiz.gov.in/invest-in-india/

 

But that is not my main point

My main point is :

Ø  Farmers are already “ misled “ ( more than sufficiently ) re  Corporate Takeover “ of their farms . They are being told : Big companies will take over / buy out your land and turn you into landless mazdoors !

Hey !

What “ Foreign Investment “ do our farmers want to “ acquire “ ?  I cannot see any foreign investor wanting to “ invest “ in the land ( not a company , in any case ) of an Indian farmer

I am afraid, interested parties will now exploit this Economic Times headline ( in Print version ) and create a scare among the farmers by saying : 

 “ We had told you so !  Now you know the hidden agenda of the Government “



Dear Shri Tomarji,

All we can now hope is that this corner news goes unnoticed !

Nevertheless, you may want to issue a clarification


With regards,

Hemen Parekh  /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  17 Dec 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment