Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 26 January 2023

Gas Chamber

 


 

Today is 27 Jan 2023 , and it is 7:30 in the morning

 

I look out of my 9th floor window to see smog enveloping Vile Parle / Andheri

 

Newspapers tell me that , air-pollution wise, Mumbai has become worse than Delhi. I realize that I am living inside a GAS CHAMBER

 

I am 89 - and do not have many years left to worry about the fact that this Gas Chamber is accelerating my end

 

But I do worry about my grown-up children ( who cannot leave their businesses in Mumbai ), and about my grand-children who are self-employed here

 

At 89, beyond worrying, there is not much else that I can do , except request the much younger citizen of this great city ( the financial capital of India ), to get together and prepare / submit a " CITIZEN's CHARTER of DEMAND " to the political parties , telling them in clear terms :

 

 

" Dear Neta,

 

Enclosed find a list of very sharply worded / specific / time-bound , ACTIONS that we ask you to commit to .

 

In the forthcoming General Elections ( Feb 2024 ), we will vote only for that party which includes these ACTIONS in its Election Manifesto "

 

 

Dear Fellow Mumbaigars,

 

 

You have always taken a lead and set an example to the rest of the country.

 

Please rise to protect the health of your children / grand-children .

 

Prepare that CHARTER of DEMAND and demand accountability from our political leaders .

 

For a change, let us lead them !

 

As to specific ACTIONS to include in that CHARTER, please look up :

 

Climate Conundrum ?.................. [ 10 Oct 2018 ]

 

 

 

With Regards,

Hemen Parekh

hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  27  Jan  2023

No comments:

Post a Comment