Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 19 September 2021

Gadkariji proves my point : almost

 


My point :

Government should enable users of Social Media to monetize their personal data

 

Why ?

Social Media are compiling personal data of users ( without their permission ) / minting tons of money by selling this data ( to any buyer ) for targeted advertisements but not sharing this income with the owners of data

 

How much money can users earn if Social Media were forced to pay for this personal data ?

My rough estimate is that every user of Social Media (700 million Indians ), could get approx. Rs 30,000 per month

 

How could government help in this matter ?

By implementing a technology platform described at :

Ø  Digital Dividend from Demographic Data ……..[ 14 Feb 2019 ]

Ø  SARAL ………………………………………………………………[ 10 Feb 2019 ]

 

 

Any proof / example of some such a possibility ?

Yes

Shri Nitin Gadkariji is earning Rs 4 lakh / month from YouTube royalties

Tags to riches: Gadkari's YouTube Expressway a hit with fans  / Deccan Herald  /  19 Septt

Extract :

Gadkariji’s number of followers :

#   Twitter……………92  lakhs

#   Facebook……….16  lakhs

#   Instagram……..13  lakhs

#   Youtube……………2  lakhs

 

Ø  Gadkari recently said he gets Rs four lakh every month as royalty from YouTube, as viewership of his lecture videos posted on the popular video streaming platform has increased during the pandemic period.

Ø  Content monetisation has helped him earn big bucks from YouTube

Ø  In these virtual interactions, Gadkari’s approach is to ask people to convert adversity into opportunity

 

Dear Shri Gadkariji,


I have no doubt that you are aware of the fact that Youtube must be earning Rs 40 lakh per month , by selling personal data of your 2 lakh followers ( to advertisers for targeted ads ).


No wonder it can afford to pay you 10 % of what it earns from data of your followers


I urge you to use your “ concern for people “ , to persuade your Cabinet Colleagues to implement my suggestion


In place of Rs 4 lakh / month, even if Social Media users can get Rs 4,000 / month, it would be a UBI ( Universal Basic Income ) for millions which costs nothing to the exchequer !

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh  /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com / 20 Sept 2021  

 

Related Readings :


Only Answer ; a Statutory Warning  

      A  Matter  of  Motive  ?    

     Privacy  for  Sale   

     Right to Sell My Soul ? 

     Wealth of Nations   

     YouTube channel monetization policies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment