Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Google Knows Everything

 


 

Context :


Google tracks most private data of its users among all the 5 Big Tech firms:

 Report / Statesman / 22 Aug 2022


Extract :

In an analysis reported by StockApps.com, out of the five major digital firms, Google harvests the most data on its users by tracking 39 types of private data for each user.


“Most people do not have the time or patience to read privacy policies that can be several pages long for each website they visit. Also, it is quite unlikely that all users have a background in law to properly grasp the privacy policy,” Edith Reads from StockApps.com said in a statement.


“Besides, users lack time, patience, or energy to try to figure out what information websites are storing and how they are using it to their advantage. As a result, users end up allowing Google to harvest all the data they need by agreeing to the privacy policy terms,” it added.


The report mentioned that Google takes the cake when it comes to tracking most of your data. This should not surprise, given that their entire business model relies on data. Twitter and Facebook both save more information than they need to.


However, with Facebook, most of the data they store is information users enter. Apple is in a league above Amazon in protecting user privacy. It is the most privacy-conscious firm out there. Apple only stores the information that is necessary to maintain users’ accounts.


This is because their website is not as reliant on advertising revenue as are Google, Twitter, and Facebook, the report said.


Each of these data firms focuses on a particular category of data and not the quantity of data. Google collects more different types of information for individual users. The firm relies on this data for targeted advertising rather than relying on third-party trackers.

 


MY  OBSERVATIONS :

 

This news-report does not specify what exactly are the “ 39 types of Private

 Data “ that Google harvests


Almost 5 years ago, I listed these ( source : Just  Ask  Google  /  28 Nov 2017 ) :


Extract :


So , Google ( or Apple or Samsung ) knows , WHO you are , WHERE you are

 and WHAT you are discussing  right now – and with WHOM !


But those Search Results won’t tell you that Google also knows the following

 things about YOU :

 

 

 

·         Who I am ( name )

 

      Where and when, I was born / who were my parents

 

      Where I grew up / where I live currently

 

      Do I live in a rented place or in an owned flat

 

      What Schools / Colleges I attended ( - and degrees I acquired )

 

      What Companies I worked for and salaries I got

 

      How I travel to work ( own vehicle or public transport )

 

     Where I go for my holidays / what books I read

 

    Who I married and who are my children ( - and how many )

 

    If divorced , how much alimony I pay and to whom

 

   Where I invest my money ( Banks – Funds – Equity etc )

 

    How much I have borrowed from whom and for how long

 

    My Credit ranking  ( including my spending history / card wise – wallet wise )

 

    What are my eating ( food ) preferences and the restaurants I visit

 

    What I do for entertainment ( Music / Movies / Videos )

 

    What clothes I wear and how often do I buy

 

    Who are my friends and how often I phone / text them / meet them

 

    What ailments I suffer from and what medicines I take

 

    What minor offences ( traffic ) or crimes that I have committed

 

    What elections I have contested ( won and lost )

 

    Who are my doctors / lawyers / brokers / agents etc

 

     What web sites I visit and how often and for how long

 

     What do I search on the Net / What RSS feeds I subscribe to

 

     What TV channels I watch and Radio Stations that I listen to

 

     Every photo of mine ever taken ( selfie or otherwise )

 

     Every phone call that I ever made or received

 

     Every Email / Text message that I ever sent or received

 

     Every blog / comment that I ever posted on the Web

 

     Every face-to-face communication that I engaged in

 

 

-===================================================


Related Readings :


Ø  Sundar Pichai : Google don’t need Cookies……………. [ 06 Feb 2022 ]

 

Ø  Data Protection Bill V 1.0 : RIP…………………………………. [ 03 Aug 2022 ]

 

 

Ø  Privacy red flags as Digi Yatra app takes off in beta     / ET /   24 Aug 2022

 

     Extract :


Users can ask not to use their personal data for any other purpose / Under

 DIA, apps users can  give specific permissions / They can ask the apps not to

 save their data

 

   

      

 >   Digital India Act: How govt plans to track social media, OTT and even                  Metaverse platforms

     { ET – 19 Aug 2022 }


Ø  India considers EU-like laws to check Big Tech dominance / HT / 23 Aug 2022

 

Ø  Will Personal.ai lead to Holographic Avatar ? ………………..[ 23 June 2022 ]

 

 

 

Ø  Privacy does not live here ! ……………………………………… [ 22 July 2017 ]


       Extract :

      And when that ( dreaded ? ) SINGULARITY arrives ( when Computer /

      Internet / Artificial Intelligence  combination , is expected to get smarter than

      the human beings ) , expect the following :

      

      #  Even things about me , which I may have left out in the above list , will be

          known to the GOD ( Give Our Data ) residing in the CLOUD ( no need for

          any permission )

 

 

             #  That O3 ( Omnipresent / Omniscient / Omnipotent ), will dictate my life

 

 

    Postman does not knock at my door anymore

 

     He knows , “ Privacy does not live here “

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

hcp@RecruitGuru.com

24 Aug 2022

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment