Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 20 November 2020

Estonia is ready to teach

 


 

In Bhagwat Gita , Arujan tells Shri Krishna :

शिष्यस्तेऽहं शाधि मां त्वां प्रपन्नम्

I am your disciple, and am surrendered to you. Please instruct me for certain what is best for me.

( source : https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/2/verse/7  )

 

Software Superpower India too can learn a lot from tiny Estonia when it comes to Digital Governance , some of which , I had described in my following earlier blogs :

Estonia : Our Gateway to World ? ………………………….[ 13 Mar 2018 ]

Astonishing Estonia …………………………………………….[ 28 Dec 2018 ]

 

Recently, I came across the following article :

When Covid struck, Estonia was ready. Here’s how……………..[ 09 Nov 2020]  

 

Extract :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Estonia – the GURU

Ø  Anett’s job entails helping governments around the world understand how they can achieve a digital transformation on par with Estonia’s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Govt Services

Ø  “We already had 99 percent of the services already available online, and we signed all of our documents online,”

      says Anett Numa, [anett.numa@eas.ee ] a digital transformation advisor at the e-Estonia Briefing Centre.  

      We don’t really use papers here. ” 

( view : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inxQXue79ls  )

 

       My Take :   Umang : My Suggestion Implemented…………[ 23 Nov 2017 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  Video Conferencing  

Ø  The only thing that has changed now is that we have all the meetings happening online

 

         My Take : Evolution:JioFibre>JioMeet/Revolution : Jio Glass.[ 18 July 2020 ]

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 School System

Ø  For more than 20 years, we have had school-managing systems where all of the grades, assignments, communication is happening on one single online platform.

Ø  The platform that parents are able to use, the platform that students are able to use, and of course, the teachers. They were already used to using these platforms and it was not anything new to them.

        My Take :  Digitized India ?.....................................[ 12 July 2020 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tax System

Ø  Since 1999, we were able to declare our taxes online already. In the U.S., sometimes you have to find an accountant if you want to do your taxes.

Ø  Here, it just takes us one or maximum two minutes.

Ø  Then, in two weeks’  time, I would get my return back to my account. Fantastic, right ?

        My Take:( No need to file Tax Return ) from BAD to MAD… [ 01 June 2016 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ownership of Personal Data

Ø  We made everything very transparent.

Ø  We have a saying: each citizen is the owner of the information and data, and the government is just there helping us to store this information.

Ø  Every single Estonian citizen can also track what information different government agencies are storing about them, and track if different agencies have been exchanging their information.

 

         My Take :  Digital Dividend from Demographic Data …………[ 14 Feb 2019  ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 Single – Central – Master Database of Citizen

Ø  We do have this “once-only” policy.

Ø  For example, my home address is only stored in one single platform that’s called Population Registry, and no other institution knows where I live.

Ø  They do not have a right to store this information in a duplicated way.

Ø  If someone is asking the Population Registry about my home address, then I will get to know about this as well.

Ø  And of course in order to be able to request this information, different agencies need to have mutual agreements to exchange data.

 

         My Take :  Released : Govt Policy for Selling Personal Data…[05 Sept 2020 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Govt Access to Citizen’s Personal Data  

Ø  There is honestly no institution who can access all of our information, not even the police. That’s very important.

Ø  Every single time the different institutions are changing my information, I can see this on my logbook system.

Ø  At the same time, everything gets timestamped and it’s also encrypted.

Ø  We use also blockchain in some institutions so they are exchanging hashes, not the actual information.

 

        My  Take :  Who watches the Watchmen ?........................[ 12 Jan 2019 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Aadhar-like ID for Everything

Ø  We use our ID cards for many other reasons as well.

Ø  It is also my driving license.

Ø  I get access to my prescriptions also by my ID card. I do not need to have any paper. I can just call my doctor and they can make me a digital prescription which will be based on my ID card.

Ø  This is also, by the way, a loyalty card, library card, and many, many other things.

Ø  We try to keep it that way, so people would only have to carry their bank cards and then the ID card, and that’s about it.

 

        My Take :  I am One , I will become Many……………………………[ 06 Jan 2020 ]

                        3 D - Digital Delivery of Drugs ?.......................[ 11 Oct 2015 ]

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Online Voting

Ø  We have been voting online also for the past 15 years now. We can do this wherever we are in the world

         My Take :    408 Km vertical distance OK ? ……………………….[ 01 Nov 2020 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Health Data of Citizen

Ø  I can see every single time when the doctor has been accessing my information. I can fully, 24 hours a day, track this information.

Ø  Would you ever get to know when someone has seen your medical records on paper ?

Ø  I fully believe that having information stored online, and especially if you can track this, is much safer than having your information on paper

        My Take :  Let me make money by selling my Health Data…… 02 Sept 2020 ]

 

===================================================

Related Readings :

 Estonia’s E-Residency Program

Data Exchange Layer X-tee 

===================================================

Dear Shri Ravishankar Prasadji,


I believe you had a meeting with Estonia’s Minister for Entrepreneurship and IT , Ms Urve Palo in March 2018

Since then, you have initiated many reforms to DIGITIZE GOVERNANCE in our country

But, as can be seen from this blog / email, there is a long way to go

As we travel on this long road, I hope my suggestions ( e mailed earlier ), will receive your consideration

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh / hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  21 Nov 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment