Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 23 November 2017

#Umang : My Suggestion Implemented



DNA ( 24 Nov 2017 ) carries following news :




“ One app for all citizen services “


PM Modi launches UMANG – a single platform for accessing around 200 govt services




PM Modi said during inaugural session of GCCS ,


“ We launched the UMANG Mobile App which will provide over a hundred citizen-centric services


At the back-end, these services will be catered by many different departments of the Union and State governments


This integrated approach will add an automatic layer of ‘ peer performance pressure ‘ in the working of these departments “





This is one more example of “ a government that invites suggestions from ordinary citizens , listens to those suggestions and implements the same , if found to improve governance “



Four years ago ( on 18 Aug 2013 ) , I sent my following suggestion to leaders of major Political Parties , which were engaged in National Election campaign :



I  SIN  >  <  U  SIN  [ short for :  I  SEEK  IT  NOW  >  <  U  SOLVE  IT  NOW  ]









The last sentence of this blog read :


I have no doubt that the political party which promises , “ I SIN >< U SIN “ ,  will get voted to power in 2014



Then I found this reflected in BJP’s Poll Manifesto ( 26 March 2014   ) , as follows :


=================================


#    BJP has been known for good Governance and e-Governance will become the      backbone for good Governance. BJP aims to nurture a Digital India - making every household and every individual digitally empowered


    Information Technology has made it possible to make information and services reach to the ordinary men and women even in remote areas, easily and effectively.

 
    Availability of information is the key to empowerment of the stakeholders. This also reduces the scope for discretion and manipulation

    
#  Leverage technology for e-Governance and engage proactively with the people through social media for participative governance and effective public grievance redressal mechanism.





It is a matter of personal satisfaction that  I  SIN  >  <  U  SIN , was named UMANG and launched at the hands of Shri Modi , yesterday



But UMANG is a “ Work in Progress “ and has a long way to go  !



Eg :

·         When I searched for the following “Search Terms“ UMANG returned 0 results“:


National Commission for Women / Garbage Clearance / Road Repair / Rationing ( Food Distribution ) / Bus Transport / Railways / Irrigation / Building Permits / Revenue – Land Records / Anti-Corruption / Municipality



When I searched for  “ Water Supply “ or “ Electric Supply “ or “ Post “ , I got as result,  “ Bharat BillPay  “ !


When I searched for “ Police “ , I got  only “ CRPF “  !



·         I could not find any FEEDBACK  MECHANISM , of the following kind , suggested in I  SIN  >  <  U  SIN :
=================================


      “   Touching name of any department name will open a SMS message box where the user will type out his complaint ( in a language of his choice )


There will be option to speak-out and record voice message , for illiterate users


Touching SEND button will transmit the complaint and within minutes, user will receive SMS reply , giving :


·                     Name of Officer responsible

·                     Office Landline No

·                     Mobile No

·                     Email Id

·                     Complaint No

·                     Expected date of solving

Bingo !

Then publish online , a tabulation of departments , arranged in the descending order of the no of complaints received / cleared / pending!


If these “ improvements “ get incorporated in UMANG real fast , I have no doubt that BJP will return to Lok Sabha in 2019 , with an ABSOLUTE MAJORITY  !


24  Nov  2017



No comments:

Post a Comment