Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Programmable payment vs Personal "Co-Thinker" AI agents

 






Dear Shweta Bajpai,


Head of Public Policy, India & South Asia, Meta (

shweta.bajpai@meta.com)

 

It is fascinating to observe the recent discussions around WhatsApp’s push into

 programmable payments within the UPI ecosystem. The evolution of digital

 payments into a programmable, intent-based layer is the natural progression I

 have been analyzing in my own work.


WhatsApp eyes programmable payments as next leg of UPI journey: Meta

Your focus on programmable payments aligns closely with the architectural vision I

 outlined in my recent blog, AI - UPI / V 2.0. I have long advocated that the next

 leap for India's digital public infrastructure involves embedding intelligence

 directly into the transaction layer, transforming UPI from a passive payment rail

 into an active, decision-making engine.


Comparative Framework: Programmable Payments & AI-UPI

FeatureMeta / WhatsApp FocusAI - UPI / V 2.0 (My Vision)
Core FunctionProgrammable payment logicIntent-based, conditional execution
AgencyPlatform-driven automationPersonal "Co-Thinker" AI agents
Logic LayerEmbedded within WhatsAppLayered on top of UPI infrastructure
GovernanceMeta-led/ProprietaryOpen-standard / Sovereign Stack
Primary GoalEnhanced commerce utilityInclusive financial democratization

My concept envisions "Co-Thinker" agents—personal AI that negotiates terms,

 verifies receipts, and executes complex settlements—acting on behalf of the user.

 I believe the success of this phase will depend on ensuring that these

 programmable flows remain as open, interoperable, and inclusive as the original

 UPI stack.


I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how Meta plans to govern these

 programmable logic flows to ensure they remain accessible to the average citizen

 while maintaining the highest security standards.


With Regards, 

Hemen Parekh,

www.Iam-Immortal.ai / www.IndiaAGI.ai / www.HemenParekh.in /

www.YourContentCreator.in / www.ntaNEET.net

Sources

#TitleDateAbout
1AI - UPI / V 2.02026-09Detailed vision for AI-driven, intent-based financial infrastructure.
2Finally, BHIM V 10 seems to have arrived2023-09-06Discussed the evolution of BHIM and the integration of AI-enabled conversational transactions.
3AVC = UCP = YUP2025-12-01Explored the next generation of identity and payment infrastructure integration.

No comments:

Post a Comment