Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 11 January 2021

Not that I love WhatsApp less

 


 

It is only that I love more, getting some money from WhatsApp for selling my Personal Data – and earning billions ( and not sharing with me, even one Rupee ! )


Dear Smt Meenakshiji,


( Chair – Parliamentary Committee on IT / re-writing Data Protection Bill )



Only yesterday, I sent to you following mail :

Smt. Meenakshiji : Devil at the Door ? ………………[ 10 Jan 2021 ]

 

It now seems TURKEY has decided to “ ban WhatsApp “ [ - but we cannot ? because we are a Democracy ? ]


And , WhatsApp “ new privacy policy “ cannot apply to EU / UK ?


Because these countries have already passed laws forbidding any “ Sharing of Data “ by mobile apps with anyone ( including with their parent companies )


As I have repeatedly suggested in the past ( through some 26 e mails ) :


Ø  We need not BAN any Social Media ( sites or mobile apps )


Ø  We MUST make it impossible for them to operate in India, unless they enter into legally binding ( in Indian Courts ) agreements with the Govt of India, to compensate their Indian Users for “sale “of their Personal Data ,as conceptualized in :

 

#  Digital Dividend from Demographic Data [ 4 D ]…….. [ 14 Feb 2019 ]

 

      #  SARAL Single  Authentic  Registration for Anywhere  Login )….[ 10 Feb 2019 ]

 

 

Read : Turkey probes WhatsApp-Facebook data sharing  /  12 Jan / techXplore

 

Extact :


Ø  The Turkish Competition Authority said Monday it was opening an investigation and requiring WhatsApp to suspend the data sharing obligation on its users.

Ø  Facebook aims to monetise WhatsApp by allowing businesses to contact clients via the platform.

===================================================

Startups & corporate biggies Signal change   /  TOI – 12 Jan

Extract :

Ø  Companies asking employees to drop WhatsApp

#  Paytm  ( Vijay Shakhar Sharma )

#  PhonePe ( Sameer Nigam )

#  Jindal Steel and Power ( Naveen Jindal / Pankaj Lochan – Chief HR Officer )

#  Mahindra Group ( Anand Mahindra )

#  TATA Group ( N Chandrasekaran )


Wait till tomorrow !

===================================================

With regards,

Hemen Parekh  /  hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  12 Jan 2021 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment