Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 27 February 2023

Chatbot Regulation Seems Inevitable

 

If you wondered why I proposed :

 

Parekh’s Law of Chatbots

 

https://lnkd.in/dG7r9kQt

 

- here is the reason :

 

Snapchat launches an AI chatbot powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology

 

https://lnkd.in/d-uYBHv8

 

Extract :

 

Snapchat notes that “as with all AI-powered chatbots,” My AI can be tricked into saying just about anything.

 

The company seems to be alluding to the mess created by Microsoft’s Bing, which was recently updated with OpenAI’s GPT-4 model.

 

A week into the launch, people started posting strange and unnerving responses that they received from the search engine, after which Microsoft admitted that Bing can be provoked to respond outside of its designed tone.

 

” Snapchat appears to be getting ahead of dealing with a similar situation with its own chatbot, noting that My AI has “many deficiencies.

 

” Snapchat even went so far as saying “sorry in advance” to users of the new chatbot.

 

The company says that although My AI is designed to avoid biased, incorrect, harmful or misleading information, mistakes may occur.

 

 

The social network invites users to submit feedback by pressing and holding on any message from My AI.

 ========================================

with regards,

hemen parekh

www.hemenparekh.ai  /  28  Feb  2023

No comments:

Post a Comment