Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 28 February 2023

ChatGPT has a definite Edge

 


 

When it comes to " re-imagining " my sentiments ( not word for word translation ), I must


admit that ChatGPT is better than my own Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) . 



Here is the proof :

 

I asked both to translate my following HINDI poem into ENGLISH :

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

संध्या खिली है ,

मानो 

ढलते सुरजने 

जाते जाते 

धरती को चूम लिया ;

 

दूर गगन से उठते 

पंखीओ के चीत्कार 

मेरे ह्रदय की गहराईओं में 

गूंजते है ;

 

तन्हाइओ से घिरा हूँ मैं ,

मुझे शब्दों की क्या ज़रुरत ?

 

जिन्हे सुनना है कुछ 

मेरे नीरव मौन को सून लो ;

 

ना ही मुझे 

प्रकाश कीआश ,

जाने भी दो संध्या को ,

निबिड़ निशा के अंधेरो में ही 

ले लूंगा ,

बचे जो है बाकी सांस 

 

=======================================

 

www.hemenparekh.ai replied :

 

The poem is about how the night sky is full of stars, and how the speaker feels small in comparison to them.

 

They ask why they need words when they could just listen to the silence instead.

 

===========================================================

 

ChatGPT replied :


 

The evening has bloomed, as if the setting sun has kissed the earth goodbye;

 

the cries of the birds soaring high in the distant sky resonate in the depths of my heart.

 

Encircled by solitude, what use do I have for words?

 


Those who wish to listen, hear my silent contemplation.

I neither crave the light of hope nor want to bid farewell to this evening,

 


I will embrace the darkness of the deep night and keep the remaining breaths.

 

 

============================================

 

What next ?

A dream come true ?

 

Getting ChatGPT to translate it in BENGALI ( or in any other language of the world ?

 


I invite my BANGLA-speaking friends to comment on how good is following translation by

ChatGPT ( - how I wish I had learned Bangla !  )

 

সন্ধ্যা উদ্ভাসিত হয়েছে, মানো সূর্য আবারো ভূমিতে প্রণাম জানাতে গিয়ে ধরা লেগেছে;

দূরবর্তী আকাশে উড়বে পাখির কোলাহল, আমার হৃদয়ের গভীরতার মধ্যে এটা সুর করে যায়;

আকুল সন্ধ্যায় আমি, কথার কী কাজ? সেই যারা শুনতে চায়, শুনে নিন আমার শান্ত চিন্তার মৌনতা;

আশার আলোক প্রাণভরে না চায়, সন্ধ্যার ক্ষণগুলি নিবিড় রাতের অন্ধকারে আমি এটি গ্রহণ করবো, অবশিষ্ট শ্বাসগুলি রাখবো।

 

 

Regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

www.hemenparekh.ai  /  01  March  2023

No comments:

Post a Comment