Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 19 February 2023

Gadkariji : Please Save Their Lives

 


 

Context :

72% of bikers killed in accidents across Maharashtra were helmetless   /  19 Feb 2023

 

 

My Take :

 

Traffic Offences are a Lesser Priority      ……………………  14  March  2021

 

Extract :

 

Gadkariji,

 

It is entirely within your power to issue a notification that says :

 

Ø  >   From April 2022, all 2-wheelers shall be sold along with a helmet ( compulsory

          accessory )

Ø  >    Both, the 2-wheeler and the helmet shall have embedded SENSORS, which

          are internet connected [ IoT ]

Ø  >     A 2-wheeler ( whether Electric or ICE ) will not start unless the driver is

           wearing that helmet , enabling both the sensors to link-up / get paired /

           communicate / transfer data ( to traffic police dept server , transmitting

           Vehicle registration number and driver license number )

Ø   >     It will also not start if,

#  Driver is drunk ( alcohol analyzing sensor )

#  Laden weight exceeds 150 Kg ( weight sensor )

 

In the age of Level 5 Autonomous Self Driving cars, implementing what I just described, is not a Rocket Science

 

Nor will its implementation push up the 2-wheeler selling price by more than Rs 1000 ( less than 1 % )

 

But, my suggestion has the potential to save some 40,000 lives each year !

 

I urge you to use your authority for a noble / humanitarian cause

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

www.hemenparekh.ai  /  20 Feb 2023

 


No comments:

Post a Comment