Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 17 September 2022

Let Freight Trucks Overtake Cheetahs

 

Dear Narendrabhai,

 

 

Your release of 8 Cheetahs in Kuno National Park coincided with your release yesterday afternoon, of the  National Logistics Policy

 

 

In nature, Cheetahs are the ultimate symbol of speed

 

 

Hence your suggestion that the “ Freight Movement “ on our highways match that speed, was very apt

 

 

But a Cheetah pursuing its prey, can keep up that speed for only a few minutes !

 

 

Whereas freight trucks must keep running on our highways, NON-STOP , for days on end, at a HIGH SPEED of 120 KM / Hour

 

Not only it is possible, it is a MUST

 

 

Like CONVEYOR BELTS , criss-crossing the factory floor space or the vertical “ Air Space “ of an AUTOMATED WAREHOUSE ( eg : Amazon ), and carrying components / assemblies / packages , Freight Trucks must GLIDE along the highways non-stop

 

 

Some 7 YEARS ago, I sent following suggestion :

 

 

 

A New Way to E-Way ?       [ 15 July 2017 ]

 


Extract :

 

 My request / suggestion to GST Council :

 

 

· Aim to turn India’s highways into friction-less “ Conveyor Belts of Commerce

 

 

And that “ technology “ of how to do this was also “ detailed “ in the above-mentioned e-mail

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment