Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 21 September 2022

Telecom Bill 2022 ( Draft )

 


 

Context :

DoT proposes fee, penalty waiver under new telecommunication bill  / Business Standard / 22 Sept 2022


 

Dear Shri Vaishnawji,



I welcome the exemption granted to :



‘press messages that are intended to be published in India’ of correspondents

accredited to the central or state government from interception."



And the provision of over-riding this exemption to carry out " State Surveillance

" , when it is a question of :



“The exemption will not be granted in case of :

 

#  any public emergency or

 

#  in the interest of public safety,

 

#  sovereignty , integrity or security of India,

 

#  friendly relations with foreign states ,

 

#  public order, or

 

#  to prevent incitement to an offence,” ………….the draft said.



In such cases “,

 

#  any message or class of messages,

 

#  to or from any person or class of persons ,

 

#  or relating to any particular subject,

 

#  brought for transmission by, or transmitted or received by, any

    telecommunication services, or  telecommunication network,

 

    

-       shall not be transmitted, or shall be intercepted or detained, or disclosed to the

        authorized officer "



In simple English language :



" Under certain circumstances, Government retains its right to carry out

  surveillance of persons ( Indian Citizen ) - by AUTHORIZED officer "



I agree with you that right to " Freedom of Expression " cannot be absolute. It has

to be viewed / interpreted in the context of " National / Societal safety and

security "



On other hand, I hope you will agree that a citizen has a right to privacy -

especially in respect of messages exchanged with friends-colleagues-contacts-

business associates etc. - all of which, nowadays , use telecom or internet



In order to " balance " these needs ( of an individual and of the State ), I urge

you to consider my following suggestion , earlier sent as email :



Ø  Who watches the Watchmen ?................[ 12 Jan 2019 ]



with regards,



hemen parekh

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  22  Sept  2022

No comments:

Post a Comment