Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 29 January 2011

ICEBERG OF UNEMPLOYMENT


In his “Kotak Institutional Equities “ report,

“365 Mn : Can India live up to its demographic dividend ? “
( as reported in DNA / Oct.21,2010 ),

Akhilesh Titolia says :

·       23 / 25 million Indians will become eligible for work every year for the next 15 years

·       Out of these, 12 / 13 million will actively look for employment every year


·       There will be 365 million young Indians by 2025

So, what is India’s score-card for job creation ?

MaFoi Randstad Employment Trends Survey ( as reported in DNA / Dec.16,2010 ) reports that private organized sector in India created following no. of jobs :

               In  2008 …………………………  0.67 Million

               In  2009  ………………………… 0.90 Million

               In  2010  ………………………… 1.13 Million

Will India’s Economy sink by hitting the tip of the Unemployment Iceberg ?

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment