Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 12 December 2011

JUDICIAL PRODUCTIVITY

12 Dec 2011

JUDICIAL  PRODUCTIVITY

If figures published in DNA [ 29, Nov. 2011 ] are any indication, there is a perceptible improvement in India’s judicial system.
Here are those facts :

·             During 5 year period ending Dec 31, 2011(?)
·             No of new cases filed……… ………… 111.60  million
·             No of cases disposed off……………..107.70 million
·             No of cases pending………………………..3.79 million

Assuming that the courts worked for an average of 200 days / year, ( ie: 1000 days in 5 years ), this translates to disposal of nearly 107,700 cases per day !
So , each of those 12,600 judges disposed off ( on an average ), 8.5 cases daily

While admitting 8.85 cases every day !

A total of 17.3 cases in a 4 hour period ! That is some productivity !

Of course ,with the arrival of e-governance, it is anybody’s guess what would happen when 120 million citizens having internet connections can lodge a corruption related complaint against 12 million Government servants , on Lokpal’s web site

With regards


HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment