Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Declining Productivity


That is how MINT ( Nov. 30, 2011 ) describes the working of the 15th Lok Sabha ( Parliament of India )

PRS Legislative Research defined productivity of Lok Sabha as :

“ Actual duration of sitting “ as a percentage of “ hours available “

They found following percentages :

Ø  8th  Lok Sabha ……………………… 111  %

Ø  9th                  ……………………… 115  %

Ø  10th               ………………………. 100  %

Ø  11th               …………………………108  %

Ø  12th              ………………………… 109  %

Ø  13th              …………………………  91   %

Ø  14th             ……………………………..87  %

Ø  15th              …………………………….72  %


When our law-makers themselves refuse to “ work “ , whom can we blame for our country’s declining “ work-ethics “ ?

And then by passing laws ( of course , unanimously and without slightest opposition ! ), to increase their own salaries , they are sending out a loud message to the entire nation that, “The less you work , the more you get paid “ !



With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment