Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 25 May 2012

Mulayam stands vindicated !

Long before recent petrol price hike of Rs 7 / 8 per litre , Samajwadi Party , in its election manifesto , had promised to replace all pedal-powered rickshaws in the State , with battery or solar-powered tricycles
That means replacing 2,48,839 rickshaws registered with the Civic bodies in UP ( India )
At a cost ( to the Government , of course ) of Rs 1 lakh per rickshaw
Or , Rs 2,500 Crores
But that is peanuts when compared to Rs 100,000 Crores worth subsidy that Central Government doles out to the Oil companies every year
Then there are hidden benefits to some enterprising Samajwadi Party members , who will set up factories to manufacture :
? Batteries
? Solar Panels
? Power Outlets every 5 Km, to re-charge batteries
? Tricycles (to be supplied to State Government )
Just watch out for the election manifesto of BJP for the forthcoming State elections in Gujarat in December, which will read :
“ All petrol driven cars will be replaced with electric cars , free of cost “
It is better than protesting on the streets !
In any case , CM Narendra Modi has already turned Gujarat into a “ Auto Hub “ of Asia !

With regards

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment