Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 1 February 2024

Correction : Suryodaya Yojana

 


 

In her Budget speech yesterday , Smt Sitharamanji talked about government plan to install 1 crore ( 10 million ) Roof Top Solar installations on roofs of poor / middle class families

She said that , as a result of this , concerned family will get 300 units/month, of electricity FREE , resulting in an annual saving of Rs 15,000 to Rs 18,000

( 300 units x Rs 5 – 6 / unit x 12 )

Budget speech did not provide any details of this scheme

A few days ago , I had sent following blog to Smt Sitharamanji :

Ø  Suryodaya Yojana .. ………………………28 Jan 2024

 

Where did I goof up in this blog ?

I forgot to add the costs of an Inverter and a Battery ( - this happens when you are 90 ! )

This cost could be > Rs 30,000 ( for a 1 kWh battery and 1.5 kW inverter )

Of course, when EESL goes for mass-purchase, this could be brought down to Rs 20,000

In my blog , I had assumed following costs ( again based on mass purchase of 1 crore installations ):

#  3 Kw Solar Panel ………………………. Rs 125,000  

#  1.5 Kw Induction Stove……………… Rs 1,000

Hence the total cost of the entire system would add up to :

Ø   Rs 125,000 + Rs 1,000 + Rs 20,000 = Rs 146,000

 

As far as units / month ,  I stand by my suggestion in earlier blog :

Ø  Produces ( by 3 Kw RTS ) ……………………………………………. 360

Ø  Consumed for lighting / fans / fridge etc ……………………..  80

Ø  Consumed for Induction Stove …………………………………….. 180 ( 1.5 Kw x 4hours / day x 30 days )

Ø  Fed back to the Grid ( earning Rs 3 / unit )………………….  100

 

And I re-emphasize my following suggestion for incentivizing :

( A )  Consumers

         #  By giving 100 % subsidy . Totally FREE installation of 3 Kw Roof Top

             Solar

( B )  DISCOMS

         #  By fully compensating for loss of revenue + some incentive

( C )  Funding Agency ( REC )

         #   By transferring all Carbon Credits earned by 1 crore ( 10 million )

               installations  

 

What else ?

Ø  Saving to the Govt ( no LPG to 1 crore beneficiaries of Suryodaya Yojana ) :  Rs 10,800 crore/year

Ø  Total Investment ( Rs 146,000 x 1 crore ) ………………………………………………….. :  Rs 1.46 lakh*crore

Ø  If electric stoves were given to 10 crore UJWALA families , SAVING will be  Rs 1.1 lakh*crore/year

Ø  An investment of Rs 1,000  ( in electric stove ) can be recovered in just 3 months

Ø  ( @ Rs 300 / cylinder subsidy )

 

How much can REC earn by selling Carbon Credits earned by this COMPOSIT scheme ?

Ø  Proposed solar-powered cooker will be entitled to 51.48 carbon credits per year

Ø  Each Solar Cooker will earn $ 514.8 / year by way of selling Carbon Credits (@ $ 10 / credit )

Ø  That is approx.. Rs 41,200 ( at $ 1 = Rs 80 )

Ø  For 1 crore COMPOSIT installations, REC will earn ……….. Rs 41,200 crore / year

      ( on investment of Rs 1.46 lakh*crore )

Ø  REC will recover its entire investment in 3 years !

 

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

Create Your Own Digital Avatar  /  02 Feb 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment