Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 4 August 2011

Care to return the “ White Money ‘ ?


Will the rich of India, return a part of their wealth to the society from which they have earned it ?

Economic Times ( 30 June,2011 ) has a few suggestions to make to the “ rich “ of India, re : where they should invest to make a big impact on the well-being of the society, viz:


Ø  Affordable urban housing  ……………………..  $   214 – 786  billion

Ø  Clean water for rural areas  …………………..  $   5.4  -  13   billion

Ø  Maternal health  …………………………………….   $   0.4  -  2.0  billion

Ø  Primary education  ………………………………….  $   4.8  -  10  billion

Ø  Microfinance  ……………………………………………. $   176          billion



Do the rich of India have the necessary funds ?


Economic Times says, “ yes “. And provides following figures :

Ø  In 2010/11

62,000 Ultra High Net Worth Households had net worth of $ 45 trillion


>  By 2015/16


    219,000 UHNW will have a net worth of $  235  trillion


And since this is all “ white money “ right here in India, why run after a few billion dollars of “ black money “ stashed away in Swiss Banks ?


With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment