Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 24 November 2011

THOSE WHO CANNOT COMPETE , WILL PARISH

 24 Nov 2011

THOSE  WHO  CANNOT  COMPETE , WILL  PARISH

India’s one time telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam ( BSNL ) is facing some stiff competition

With a current staff strength of 277,000 , BSNL spends nearly Rs.13,791 Crores on annual salary bill

This is 46.5 % of its total income

So BSNL has come up with a Voluntary Retirement Scheme [ VRS ], thru which , it wants to reduce staff strength by 99,700

By paying , on an average , Rs 20 lakhs per person

That would cost it Rs. 18,181 Crores

No problem ! Central Government (ie: poor people of India), will foot the bill

After VRS is implemented , BSNL will outsource functions like

·      Transmission and Switching System Installation
·      Training
·      Civil Engineering
·      Architectural work

That is not going save BSNL from extinction

Only reason BSNL must suffer a painful slow death is that no one can revive it – so no one will buy it !

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment