Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Writing on the Wall ?



Mumbai  Samachar ( 16 July 2012 ) provides following figures :

Ø  No of Post Offices in 2006

·        In rural areas………………………….. 1,39,046

·        In urban areas……………………………. 16,258


Ø  No of Post Offices closed down since 2006

·        Rural………………………………………………. 6

·        Urban………………………………………………..732

Obviously , less and less people need a post card / envelope / postage stamp etc. , these days , in order to communicate with friends / relatives / clients / suppliers etc
If , for less than the cost of a post card , people can talk across the country on their mobile phones , then why run to a post office ?
And soon , millions will start sending emails writing on their tablets ( Aakash / Ubislate / Zen / HCL / Karbonn / Micromax / Zync / Funtab etc )
And in 10 years they will be talking to their friends / relatives / sweethearts , on Skype embedded in their bedroom wall !
Indian Government would do well to convert closed down post offices into primary schools

With  regards

hemen  parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment