Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 5 July 2013

Do not bribe the Voters

Do not make promises !

Do not bribe the voters !

That is what the Supreme Court is telling the political parties

" Henceforth , do not promise in your Election Manifestos :


>   Laptops / Tablets
>   Domestic Appliances
>   Gold Ornaments
>   Cows
>   Unemployment Allowance
>   Free food  .................................etc   "

Patently unfair !

Now what else can a political party promise ?

Already , they have been promising , for the past 65 years :


>   Elimination of Poverty
>   Jobs for  All
>   Water for Farmers ( Rains or no rains )
>   Own houses for  City-dwellers
>   College Education for Villagers  ...........etc


How about a political party promising :


>   No new legislation for next 5 years (- hence no stalled Parliament ! )
>   Strict implementation of all existing Laws of the Land

I am sure Supreme Court would welcome that !

hemen



No comments:

Post a Comment