Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Thus spoke Mukesh :




·         “ Data colonisation” is as bad as previous forms of colonisation and India’s data must be controlled and owned by Indians

·         Data of an individual or business belongs to them and not to corporates who could use it to monetize from them.

·         In this new world, data is the new oil. And data is the new wealth. India’s data must be controlled and owned by Indian people and not by corporates, especially global corporations

·         Therefore, for India to succeed in this data-driven revolution, necessary steps will have to be taken to migrate the control and ownership of Indian data back to India - in other words, Indian wealth back to India

·         Data freedom, he said, is as precious as the freedom won in 1947.

·         Fundamentally, I am a big believer in the power of all of us together rather than a power of few.

·         The world will have to go from aggregator model to a distributor model as he backed those arguing for preventing foreign companies from repatriating and making money off of Indian consumers’ data.

·         Important thing is that data of an Indian belongs to him.  It does not belong to a corporation, whether it be Indian or global. The only right that the corporation has is exactly like a bank that if I give you a fixed deposit locker and you put your money, which is your data in my locker, it doesn’t become mine that I take that money and gamble on the stock market. If I make gain, take it and then say, I have given back your Rs 100. It doesn’t work like that

·         Fundamentally, he said, the data belongs to the individual. If I use or monetise it in any way, I have to transparently share with you the gains of that

·         I strongly feel on data ownership and the way data should be monetized for every single entity. This is true for individual, small merchants, small shops, small businesses, and large businesses. Even my business data should be my own data.

=======================================================
Thank you Mukesh  [ mukesh.ambani@ril.com  ] :

-      for articulating the  StorageDistributionExploitation and Compensation for the NEW OIL , whose Ownership vests with individual citizen

Coming from you , there is no doubt that our Policy Makers will , carefully listen to you

And should the Policy Makers want to know how the principles laid down by you could be effectively translated into practice , they may look up my following earlier E mails :

The new GDP   ………………………………………………………..[  18  Dec  2018  ]


Only Answer : a Statutory Warning  ………………………..[  10  Nov  2018  ]


Contract for the Web  ………………………………………………..[  06  Nov  2018  ]


Internet Bill of Rights  ………………………………………………..[  07  Oct  2018  ]


Alice in the Wonderland of Privacy !   ………………………..[  06  Oct  2018  ]


Tim Berners-Lee Speaks    …………………………………………..[  30  Sept  2018  ]


Wealth of Nations   ……………………………………………………….[  17  Aug  2018  ]


A Matter of Motive   ……………………………………………………….[  04  Aug  2018  ]


Data Privacy Law : a Pandora’s Box ?    ……………………….[  15  July  2018  ]


Privacy  for  Sale    …………………………………………………………[  26  Aug  2017  ]


=====================================================================================
20  Dec  2018














No comments:

Post a Comment