Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 13 October 2023

The Chosen One

 

The Chosen One

We have heard about that ancient method for a princess to select her life partner

It was called , “ SWAYAM-VAR “ ( Self-selected husband )

The king invited bachelor princes from nearby kingdoms , who came , dressed up in their best attire

They lined up in the court and the princess , stopped in front of each , as the Raj-Purohit ( Priest ) , loudly narrated the attributes ( Beauty / Bravery / Intelligence ), of each prince

 If he failed to come up to her expectations , she moved on , until she came across one who met her expectations

She garlanded him and applied a vermillion “ Tilak “ on his forehead and “ sealed the deal “

As simple as that

It seems the District Election Officer ( Mumbai ) wants to revive this time-tested method for voters to “ Select / Elect “ their next MP / MLA

How so ?

Yesterday , I received a printed letter from DEO , ( image reproduced below ) , which , at one place reads :

 “ On the day of polling, you should press the button of the EVM, in front of the candidate of your choice, and confirm your choice on the screen of VVPAT. Be a self-respecting voter and show your inked finger “

I presume that DEO wants me to show my inked finger to the “ candidate of my choice “ !

I am not reproducing the Marathi version

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

www.hemenparekh.ai / 14 Oct 2023

 



No comments:

Post a Comment