Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 17 May 2024

An affair to remember ?

 


 

That was the title of a movie released in 1957 , starring Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr . It was directed by Leo McCarey.


Almost 67 years later, last Sunday ( 12th May 2024 ), I experienced another “ affair to remember “ , starring myself ( nearly 91 ) and my wife ( nearly 87 )


This movie was titled “ Vote From Home “ – an experience designed by our Chief Election Commissioner, Shri Rajiv Kumar – and directed remotely


A week earlier, I had sent a WhatsApp message to Election Officer , Smt Preeti Patil ( Mumbai based , I think ) whose Mobile number I had found on the Election Commission website ( but could not find today – 18th May )


I told her that we would like to vote from home, since it would be very difficult for us to go to the polling booth


She asked me to send details ( Name – DoB - Address ) which I immediately sent


Within minutes, she sent me ( thru WhatsApp ) form 12 D( Vote from Home – VFH ), for filling in and returning online


I messaged back saying, I did not know how to and whether someone could visit my home and bring the forms


Again, within minutes, she confirmed that someone will bring the forms within 2 / 3 days


Shri Shyam Jadhav ( BMC ) turned up with the forms VERY NEXT DAY  and took our signatures on those forms


He returned after 2 days with INTIMATION letter saying the VFH team will visit us on 12th


On 12th , a 7 member team turned up ( see photo below ). They were very courteous and helpful. Even presented us with roses !


They strictly observed all the protocols of " SECRECY of VOTING "



Dear Shri Rajiv Kumar :


Although 91 , I look forward to be able to vote in 2029 Lok Sabha Election - may

be Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha , simultaneously ( One Nation , One Election )


And I urge you to conduct 2029 elections using following Mobile App suggested by

me, 12 years ago :


Ø  VotesApp             18 Dec 2012 


( Related E Mail :

 Thanks, Prof Rajagopal : for validating my suggestion    07 May 2024 )

 

 

With regards,

Hemen Parekh

www.HemenParekh.ai  /  18 May 2024

 

PHOTOS :





No comments:

Post a Comment