Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 17 February 2011

Who gets a better salary ?




In a survey, Timothy Judge and Daniel Cable found :

Ø  A thin and frail man gets lower salary as compared to a well-built man

Ø  On an average, thin men earn $8000 / year less than well-built men

Ø  It is exactly opposite in case of women. Well-built women get less salary than thinner women

Ø  On an average, thinner women earn $ 16,000 / year more than well-built women

According to Judge / Cable, their findings support prevalent prejudice around the world that

Ø  Women should look delicate and thin

Ø  Men should appear well-built and muscular

Irrespective of who could have sponsored the survey, it has profound bearing on the efforts of jobseekers,

Ø  Male or Female

Ø  Unemployed or Employed

Ø  Indian or American


Prejudices just cannot be wished away ! Salary differentials will continue.

With  regards

hemen  parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth
 





No comments:

Post a Comment