Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Crows are black everywhere

That is how an Indian proverb goes.
Indian political parties are no exception. All of them harbor politicians having criminal cases pending against them.
For a good reason too.
Apparently , a political party’s chances of winning an election , seem to be directly proportional to the number of MLAs ( Member of Legislative Assembly ) it has, having criminal cases pending against them !
Wonder why Trinmool Congress ( in West Bengal ) and AIADMK ( in Tamil Nadu ) won the recent State elections with such huge majority ?
Just look at their strength of newly elected, criminally charged MLAs :
 Trinmool Congress ………………….. 69 MLAs [ 38 % ]
 AIADMK …………………………………….. 46 MLAs [ 31 % ]
 Congress …………………………………… 17 MLAs [ 41 % ]
 DMK ……………………………………………. 7 MLAs [ 30 % ]
 CPI ( M ) …………………………………… 7 MLAs [ 18 % ]
( Source : MID DAY / 17 May, 2011 )
I would not be surprised if losing political parties are rethinking their poll strategies for next national elections !
With regards
hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment