Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 5 May 2011

Seven Billionth Baby

According to United Nations, the symbolic six billionth baby was born in Bosnia on Oct.12,1999.
When ( – and where ) will the seven billionth baby get born ?
As to “ When “,you can make a quick calculation from the following figures of the number of babies born all over the world :
> 267 per minute
> 16,000 per hour
> 384,000 per day
Latest UN estimate is 31st Oct. 2011
As to the question of “ Where ? “, my guess is, it will be India with 51 babies born every minute ( – the highest rate in entire world ! ).
Which Indian state ? I would bet on Uttar Pradesh ( which has current population of 199.5 million ), where 11 babies are born every minute.

With regards

hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment