Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 2 February 2012

Children dying


In Sept 21, 2011 issue, DNA presents following depressing facts :

Ø  55 % of Indian children [ under 2 years ], do not receive basic comprehensive immunization

Ø  2.7 million children [ under 5 years ], receive no treatment for diarrhoea

Ø  900,000 new-born die in India annually [ 102 every hour ! ]

Ø  2.6 million is the number of health-workers India needs to meet WHO standards

Ø  1.04 % of GDP is what India spends on health


How many millions of lives can we save , if all the black money stashed abroad [ and within the country ], including monies pocketed by the “ Corrupt “, thru 2G scam / Air India scam / NRHM scam / PSU scam / illegal mining scam etc. were available and spent on health-care of the poor ?

And do not single out West Bengal. Situation is the same everywhere !

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment