Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 20 February 2012

Hunger is not an Issue !

India’s hunger problem is highlighted in following newspaper reports :
 2,438 children dying everyday for lack of food
( Times of India / May 13 , 2011 )
 An estimated 1.6 million children ( under 5 ) died this year, representing 23 % of global deaths in that age group
( Times of India / Sept. 25, 2011 )
 During Jan-Aug 2011, some 18,486 children ( in age group 0-6 ), died of malnutrition in the state of Maharashtra alone – ie : 77 babies dying of hunger everyday !
( DNA / Sept, 25, 2011 )
 With 21 % of Indian population undernourished ( ie: 230 Million ), nearly 44 % of under-5 children underweight and 7 % of them dying before they reach 5 years, India is firmly established among the world’s most hunger-ridden countries
( Times of India / Jan 01, 2012 )
But hunger is not an issue for any political party during the current State Elections.
How about promising “ hunger quotas “ according to age – groups ?
Model Code of Conduct does not cover this !

With regards
hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment