Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 17 February 2012

Democracy - Elections - Voting


For last 65 years since Independence , the Indian people have been brainwashed into thinking that

Democracy…..equals……..Elections……..equals…………Voting

What else can explain the following ?

In the current Mumbai Municipal Corporation Elections,

Ø  More than 13 % of the candidates have criminal records

Ø  7 % have “ Serious Criminal Cases “ pending against them !

Ø  25 % have not passed even SSC ( School Certificate )

Ø  Only 16 % are graduates

Consolation ?

With 131 ( out of 829 ) candidates being multi-millionaires ( Crorepatis ), they might just be above getting corrupt, if elected !

How is that argument , as an “ Opium for the Masses “ ?

Situation is only worse in the current State Legislative Assembly Elections taking place in Uttar Pradesh / Punjab / Uttarakhand  etc

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment