Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 29 September 2013

Murder is a Many Splendored Thing !




In pre-historic times , man hunted only animals – and to satisfy hunger.


Now , even as “ Civilized “ man continues to kill animals for hunger, he has also mastered the art / science of killing other man for ,


Ø  Anger / Jealousy / Greed / Sex or even Love


Ø  Property / Money / Pride / Possession / Power , or even Religion



And succeeded in giving this act , different “ Names “ ( depending upon one-at-a-time or many simultaneously ) , such as ,



Ø  War

Ø  Genocide

Ø  Ethnic Cleansing

Ø  Communal Riots

Ø  Murder

Ø  Homicide

Ø  Slaughter

Ø  Honor-Killing …………………. etc



Then he also “ Murders “ many people through negligence / dereliction of duty when he becomes “ Directly but Unintentionally “ responsible for ,


Ø  Sinking of leaky boats

Ø  Rickety buses falling into ravines

Ø  Fire engulfing theatres and malls

Ø  Poorly maintained buildings crashing

Ø  Trains de-railing

Ø  Driving while drunk  ………  etc


And now , we pride ourselves on being “ Civilized “ !


While animals / birds / insects continue to kill , only if they are hungry !



·          Hemen  parekh  (  30  Sept  2013  )


No comments:

Post a Comment