Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 23 September 2013

Why can’t they say ?



When our politicians – and other sundry celebrities – get questioned about their opinion on everything happening in the remotest corner of our country , why can’t they say ,

“  I have no opinion , no views , no comments about that event or that statement by my opponent , because ,

·         I don’t have enough genuine , firsthand , true information about “ what “ was said or happened , nor about the “ Why “ and “ Who “ of it


  OR


·         I am not an expert on that subject (eg: What causes foreign exchange fluctuations or creation of Higgs-Boson particle )

 
 All that I can say is that if someone , anyone has broken the law of the land , then he must be booked , proved guilty and punished – even if he is my son or my party man . Period .

In today’s India of 1200 million people , do not expect me  to know who is doing what , when, why and where

Unlike God , I am neither Omnipresent , nor Omnipotent , nor Omniscient

And with ever-changing moral standards , what I might have considered “ Wrong “ just 10 years back , may have come to be accepted as “ Right “ today by the society !

So , please allow me to remain silent “


Dear Politician,

You don’t have to have an opinion about everything !
Try this . You will earn people’s respect for being honest


·          hemen  parekh ( 24  Sept  2013 )


No comments:

Post a Comment