Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 11 January 2014

Lesson Number 5



For Arvind Kejriwal and his cabinet colleagues , meeting people of Delhi in person and listen to their problems , was very desirable


In the past , a couple of Prime Ministers have tried to do the same


But on a smaller scale , by " Pre-Selecting " and admitting in their compound , some 30 / 40 people on any given day


By putting in place , some " System " of pre-selecting , they made the exercise manageable


What went wrong with Arvind's failed attempt to hold a " Janata - Darbar ", yesterday , was not that it was a wrong idea


It was a " System Failure "


It was a failure to properly " Anticipate "


120 lakh people of Delhi have at least one problem each , which the past government - and the municipality - have failed to address  !


Hence , it did not need much " Imagination " to expect 10,000 persons to turn up  !


Can you  imagine , what would happen next time if 100,000 persons turn up, -  which is very likely  !


Now , it would be impossible to listen to the grievances of even 1,000 persons , one at a time


Arithmetic is quite simple


A minister would need at least 2/3 minutes to listen to a complainant and need another 2/3 minutes to give a reply / make a notation on the complaint paper / give instructions to his secretary etc


At 5 minutes per person , he can manage no more than 12 people per hour


A staggering 80 working hours ( 10 working days ! ) to meet / listen to 1000 persons  !


Obviously , something not " Do-able "  !


What is the way out  ?


Simple



STEP NO  1


>  Implement a " System - based Solution " outlined in my blog (30 Dec
     2013 )



STEP NO  2


>  Launch " MAGIC WAND " mobile App , described in my blog ( 27 Dec
    2013 )



Look up on my web site



DEAR   ARVIND



Lesson Number 5 :  Differentiate between " DESIRABLE " and " DO-ABLE "





*    hemen   parekh   (  12  Jan  2014 / Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment