Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Burn Your Boats



All these days , I had serious doubts whether Arvind Kejriwal will really go through his plan of fighting Narendra Modi in Varanasi


It seemed suicidal


It still is


But now that the die has been cast , the only option for Arvind is to tell his party workers ,


"  Let us burn our boats  "


Much like the Spanish conqueror , Hernando Cortez , who sailed all the way from Spain to the distance shores of Mexico , in 1589 AD ,  to fight the mighty army of the Aztecs


With just 400 soldiers  !


Upon landing , he told his soldiers ,


" Let us burn our boats . Let us not think of retreat / defeat / option to
   return


  Either we win or we die "



 And they burnt their boats to eliminate that option


Then fought like hell and defeated the Aztecs - something no other challenger had succeeded in preceding 600 years  !


Arvind can most certainly defeat NaMo , if his party workers realize that they have no other option but to win


Unlike NaMo , who has an option to win in Vadodara  !


Remember what Bapu told millions of Indians while trying to overthrow the British Empire  ?


"  Karenge  ya  Marenge  "


No other option  !




*   hemen  parekh  (  26 March 2014 / Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment