Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 12 April 2014

People who live in Glass - Houses



People who live in glass houses , should not throw stones at houses of others


What are Congressmen ( - and sundry advocates ) trying to achieve by raking up the case of Narendra Modi's marriage to Jashodaben , some 46 years ago  ? -  When , she herself is praying for his electoral success , instead of complaining  ?


Haven't they heard of the Bible story where Jesus told the crowd ,


"  Let him be the first to throw the stone at this sinner woman , one who has never sinned himself  "


I agree , we Indians are not terribly conscious / concerned about personal privacy


But , by and large , Indian politicians - and even general public - have  refrained from discussing the private lives of public figures


Of course , other than in cases of some Bollywood celebrities who couldn't care less , as long as their photos appeared on page 3  !


Congressmen even failed to realize that , by talking about NaMo's forgotten marriage , they have only helped his " Brand - Recall " amongst the voters  !


I believe , BJP has passed a resolution thanking Kapil Sibal , for saving Rs 100 Crores on publicity  !


Remember the case of the Hollywood actress who got herself " kidnapped " , 2 days prior to launch of a movie in which she starred as heroine  ?

With the terrific / free publicity she got in national / international newspapers , the movie broke all box-office records and became a blockbuster  !


NaMo  seems to be saying ,


"  To hell with privacy  ! Just get voters to talk about me "






*   hemen  parekh  ( 13  April  2014  /  Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment