Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 3 January 2020

MANI thanks, RBI





Thank you for implementing my suggestion for helping blind to identify the denomination of currency notes



Context :


[ Times of India – 02 Jan 2020 ]




Extract :

Ø  Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday launched a mobile application MANI ( Mobile Aided Note Identifier ), to aid visually impaired persons in identifying the denomination of currency notes


Ø  Once the note is scanned, the app will cause the phone to buzz and the user will get an AUDIO notification in Hindi as well as English. The app can be used in OFFLINE mode without internet connectivity

=====================================================

Here is what I suggested in my following blog / email to RBI :

[ source : Currency Notes for Visually impaired ?  …….. 10  June  2018  ]




I suggest following solutions which have a desirable “ bye-product “ of eliminating /
  reducing BLACK MONEY as well !

SECURITY  THREAD :


*  The  metallic SECURITY THREAD in the Currency Notes can be made to store the
   unique SERIAL NUMBER of each currency note , AND a simple Smart Phone can read
   that number and transmit that data to any government agency ( IT / ED / CVC etc )


   This will be coupled with a Mobile App which will   SPEAK ALOUD  the denomination of
   a note held near the currency note, using NFC / BLUE TOOTH


==================================================


Related Reading :

RBI : how about an audible note ?

                      [ 23 Mar 2019 ]


================================================

04  Jan  2020


hcp@recruitGuru.com

No comments:

Post a Comment