Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Begging Bowl Syndrome ?

 


 

Context :

Private property not outside state purview: Supreme Court

 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/private-property-not-outside-state-purview-sc-101713987352557.html

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Extract :

 

Property held in private hands cannot be said to be outside the State’s control in the interest of sustainable development and intergenerational equity, a nine-judge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court observed on Wednesday, while examining a legal question whether the State can exercise control over privately held property or resources under the term “material resources of the community” in Article 39(b) of the Constitution.

===============================================

 

My Take :

 

Way back in1952 , Congress govt had introduced " Estate Duty " , which was payable by the children of a deceased person - essentially, Inheritance Tax ( which Sam Pitroda wants us to debate and for which, there is a clear hint in Congress Manifesto - and in frequent speeches of Rahul Gandhi )

 

Subsequently this Estate Duty was withdrawn by Manmohan Singh govt in 1985 , saying it only " collected " litigation and all of Rs 20 crores !

 

A self goal by Congress , which is shouting from roof top that most Electoral Bonds went to BJP and Congress was holding a begging bowl

 

Now imagine what those BIG industrialists / businessmen - the biggest givers of Electoral Bonds ( no prize for right guess ) must be thinking !

 

" If I help Congress win in forthcoming election , I will be committing harakiri. I will be signing my own death warrant . My market cap will drop by billions of Rupees . Forget about funding Congress - above the table or below the table .

 

If Congress wins, it will be my children who will be holding the begging bowl "

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

www.HemenParekh.ai  /  25 Apr 2024

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment