Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Eternal Truisms ?

Parkinson's  Law ( 50 years ago ) :

"  Work expands to fill the time available for doing it  "


Peter's  Principle  ( 25 years ago  )  :

"  If something can go wrong , rest assured , it WILL go wrong "


My  Belief  (  Feb 2014  ) :

"  Even the most trivial matter can be turned into an emergency ,
  by postponing decision / action , long enough  "


Proof :

#  1

UPA-2 trying to pass 46 bills in Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha in the
next 7 days

#  2


Telengana  ?

Moral  of  the  Story  :

A fast and honest decision is any day better , even if proved to be less than perfect , at some later day

You can always make a " Course Correction " later , based on the lessons learned , but there is no way you can regain the time lost through indefinite postponement

Postponements , by themselves  , don't lead to better decisions !





*  hemen  parekh  (  06  Feb 2014  /  Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment