Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 24 January 2018

A Transparent RERA ?




Mumbai Mirror ( 24  Jan  ) carries following news :





 




Extract :


While hearing a complaint against a Pune based builder for promoting a project that is embroiled in a legal tussle, the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) has ruled that it is not enough for developers to mention legal disputes pending before courts in their Legal Title Report, but the information should also be clearly mentioned in the Litigation Details section on their registration page on the agency’s online portal.



Advocate Nilesh Gala of Law Square, appearing for Kumar Builders, argued that the details pertaining to various litigations were mentioned in the Legal Title Report uploaded in the promoter’s MahaRERA registration, and therefore mentioning it in the Litigation section may not be necessary



Citing Section 4 (2) b of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act (RERA), Chatterjee said the Act clearly mandated that the promoter should disclose all litigations pertaining to the project being registered with MahaRERA.



“They should also be disclosed in the section meant for the same so that people can easily access the information. Merely mentioning the same in the Legal Title Report will not suffice.



Moreover, the number of apartment which constitute 1/6th share and regarding which the Respondent is restrained from selling, alienating, encumbering or creating any third party rights, should also clearly be disclosed,” he said in the order.

=================================


I have not read Section 4 (2) b of RERA , but I hope it does cover all the aspects of “ DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING “ ( reproduced below for ready reference ) that I had suggested in my blog / email :

SELFCERTIFICATION FOR BUILDERS ?  [  04  Nov  2015  ]



DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING :


" I declare that I have read each and every notification / regulation , listed   in respect of items mentioned above


I further declare that I explicitly agree to abide by these regulations


I am aware that Occupation Certificate will not be granted if my completed project is found to be in violation of any of these notifications / regulations


I will not allow any person / entity to occupy any part of this premises , until and unless , Municipality issues to me , the Occupation Certificate


If Municipality finds any violations , I agree to rectify the same before applying for a fresh Occupation Certificate


If Municipality is not in a position to issue Occupation Certificate due to any
violations which simply cannot be rectified , then I will demolish the said building / project / structure  on my own and before such demolition , refund with interest , payments collected from the buyers


The plot of land is free from any encumbrances / litigations


I am not in default of any loans taken from any bank / individuals


I will not accept any payment in cash , nor make cash payments


I absolve the Municipal Corporation of any liability arising out of non-completion of my project 


I agree that my Building Permit Application and my Registration Application details , be made accessible to public on your web site , along with full details of my past / current projects and full details of my balance sheet / bank borrowings  " 


24  Jan  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment