Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Ashok Leyland is not waiting !




In my yesterday’s blog ( link below ) , I wondered :


“ Once this technology is “ localized “, will Indian Oil make it available ( free of royalty or lump sum fee ) , to any Indian Manufacturer for commercialization ?

This is crucial for reaching 2030 goal-post “


I need not have  !


Today’s Business Line carries following news :





Aviv Tzidon, CEO, Phinergy, said its high technology solution would help the Indian customer keep costs low.

“We look forward to rapidly developing our offering and scaling up operations for CV applications in India with Ashok Leyland, with whom we have worked closely over the last year,” he added.

“Given the grid and power position in most markets, this will be the first time electric commercial vehicles will have a grid-independent solution that is cost-effective as well as emission-free,” stated David Mayer, VP of Business Development for Phinergy.



But , apparently , EESL seems to be in no hurry to tie-up with Phinergy for its Alu-Air Battery technology , which will spell an end to Battery Charging Stations ( for Li-ion batteries )



Today’s Economic Times carries following news :



 



"We have invited the bid for 2,000 electric vehicle chargers. We will need more chargers, of course, but we want to do it in phases," Saurabh Kumar, managing director at EESL, told ET. 

=====================================================


18  Jan  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment