Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 20 January 2018

EV : Road Map for Switchover ?




Economic Times ( 13  Jan ) carried following news :




“Auto Industry Calls for Road Map for Switch-over to EVs “-




Highlights :


India wouldn’t need to offer incentives to push adoption of electric vehicles if prices of lithium-ion battery decline to less than $100 (Rs 6,350) per KwH by 2022 from about $180 now, Mahindra & Mahindra managing director Pawan Goenka said.


 “There is need for a longterm policy for the betterment of industry,” and the government will encourage the adoption of alternative fuel technology like ethanol, methanol and biofuels for use in the auto industry, the minister ( Shri Nitin Gadkari ) said in a recorded speech.


Several industry executives at the conclave said the government should outline a road map for the proposed switch-over to electric vehicles.


Renault India managing director Sumit Sawhney held that while the move to electric vehicles was inevitable, a clear policy outline from the government was necessary. 


“If we have projections regarding potential volumes for EVs, the component industry will get cracking. That will only happen once we have clarity regar- ding government policy, based on which we can start work on electric vehicle projects for the Indian market,” he said.



I urge , SIAM ( Society of Indian Automotive Manufacturers ) / NITI Aayog  /  Shri Nitin Gadkariji , to peruse following emails for inputs to framing of such a Road Map :


AutoIndustry : Policy Inputs 




21  Jan  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment