Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Justice and the Student's Voice

Justice and the Student's Voice
Synopsis: The recent Supreme Court ruling regarding NEET protests marks a pivotal moment for student activism in India. By utilizing extraordinary powers to protect the right to peaceful dissent, this decision challenges the status quo of administrative overreach. It is a vital reminder that in a democracy, the voices of the youth are not just noise; they are the conscience of the nation.

The recent developments concerning the NEET protests have been nothing short of historic. As I observe the landscape of our country, I am reminded that power—when left unchecked—will always attempt to silence those who dare to speak truth to it. The Supreme Court's intervention, which effectively quashed FIRs against peaceful protesters across the country using its extraordinary powers under Article 142, is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stifling atmosphere of administrative suppression.

The Weight of a Ruling

There has been significant discourse surrounding this move. The scale of this legal relief is unprecedented in post-Independence history. It signals a critical shift: that peaceful assembly cannot be dismissed, brutalized, or criminalized simply because it creates political discomfort.

Beyond the Classroom

I have always believed that education is the bedrock of our future, and when that foundation is shaken by corruption or inefficiency, it is the duty of the youth to raise their voices. This movement, which started as a response to examination malpractices, has evolved into a broader crusade for accountability. Consistent, logical, and peaceful agitation can force the hand of a government that had previously remained deaf to grievances.

Reflection and Continuity

I have frequently reflected on the necessity of structural reform. Whether it is the state of our government school infrastructure or the integrity of our national testing systems, the pattern remains the same: the system survives on inertia until it is pushed. The victory in the Supreme Court is not an endpoint; it is a catalyst. It provides the space for us to demand better, to demand transparency, and to insist that our leaders be held to the highest standards.

We must continue to watch closely. While legal protections are essential, true change requires that the youth remain vigilant and organized. The era of silent complicity is fading, replaced by a generation that understands its power.


Regards,
Hemen Parekh

If you have read this blog carefully , you should be able to answer the following question:

"What extraordinary constitutional power did the Supreme Court invoke to protect the rights of peaceful student protesters during the NEET agitation?" You can find that answer by entering this question at ( 1 ) www.HemenParekh.ai ( 2 ) www.IndiaAGI.ai

No comments:

Post a Comment