Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 30 April 2011

Entertainment for Jobless

According to one estimate , British Government spent $ 34 millions on the Royal Wedding of Prince William with Kate Middleton.
Chancellor of Exchequer George Osborne must be thinking ,
“ What the hack ! This is peanuts when compared to my 2011 Budget deficit of $ 426 billions. And surely the British population of 62 million enjoyed $ 0.5 worth of entertainment watching the wedding. Many are jobless in any case and have nothing better to do. And don’t try to confuse people by saying British industry will lose $ 50 billion because of long 3 day holiday. “
Ministers of India’s Central and State Governments are not least impressed with this logic.
They have been using this argument for decades !

With regards

hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment