Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 30 May 2017

An Idea Ahead of its Time ?





Following news appeared in Economic Times ( 27 May 2017 ) :




“ Google will soon find you a job as the tech giant refines its mastery over AI “


As a conclusion when Pichai came back to stage, he announced the biggest incremental feature that Google Search has ever got - Google for Jobs.


A Google's take on simplifying job search for both blue and white collars across skills and experience.


They are doing this in collaboration with LinkedIn, Facebook, Monster among others and of course it uses Machine learning to make the job hunt easy for users. 


When I sent the following letter ( hard copy ) to Ashish Kashyap ( the then ) Country Manager – Google India , some 12 YEARS ago , obviously, I was ahead of the times :



December 21, 2005

Mr. Ashish Kashyap

Country Manager

India Sales & Operations

Google  Online India Pvt. Ltd.

Odd. No. 211, Level 2, Raheja Centre Point

294 CST Road, Near Mumbai University

Off Bandra Kurla Complex, Kalina, Santacruz ( East)

Mumbai – 400 098.


--------------------------


Dear Mr. Kashyap,

                                      Classifieds  For  Millions

I refer to my earlier emails ( Dec. 2 / 9 and 13 )


Indian  “ Online Recruitment”  industry is approx.. Rs. 300 Crores, with MonsterIndia  and Naukri  expected to contribute Rs. 100 cr and Rs. 90 cr respectively during 2005-06.



Altogether, there are about 500+ jobsites in India ( - most operated by brick-and-mortar placement agencies, for the purpose of collecting resumes.)



Should Google decide to offer  “ classified”  jobsearch / resume search, it is possible for you to corner a market-share of



·         50% by end of first year…………………………… Rs. 150 cr.


·         80% by end of second year………………………  Rs. 250 cr.


From an Indian Context, that is a lot of money  !



More importantly ( from Google’s viewpoint) getting 44.5 million unemployed ( registered with some 939 employment exchange  around the country ) to visit and conduct job-searches on Google, can be even much more valuable.



You are aware that Yahoo already offers “ Jobsearch” to visitors, by partnering with timesjobs.com



I invite you to overtake Yahoo India, by partnering with


                                      GobalRecruiter.net


Through your own career-website,
                                                 www.Googlejobs.in



I have created this website for your exclusive use.



I have no intention to use it myself nor will I allow anyone else to use it.



You can log into  www.Googlejobs.in  and experience how it gets powered by the webservice  of 

 GlobalRecruiter.net



After you had an opportunity to go through enclosed folder, I would like to meet you personally to further discuss my proposal. Please feel free to phone me


With regards,


Hemen Parekh




Those interested in the details of my proposal , may want to refer to :


·         Google  Jobs  



All of the above is history !


My only hope is that Google does not take another 12 YEARS to implement :


·         Online Jobs  Fair





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad the Labour Ministry has decided to implement my following suggestion ( earlier sent as emails ) , in order to create such a FEDERATION of job portals :



·         NationalCareer Service Portal  (  21  July  2015  )







·         Towards  a National  Job  Portal ?  ( 07  Feb  2016  )




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today’s Business Line reports :



“ Labour Ministry has inked strategic Memoranda of Understanding ( MOU ) , with leading job portals , placement organizations and institutions of repute



The NCS project also involves setting up of 100 Model Career Centres to deliver quality employment services and these Centres are being set up in collaboration with States and institutions



Over 3.87 crore ( 38.7 million ) candidates , 14.8 lakh ( 1.48 million ) establishments are registered on NCS ( National Career Service ) Portal….. around 540 job fairs were organized in 2016-17 “


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


DEAR SHRI  DATTATREYA  BANGARUJI :



While congratulating you on your laudable initiative to create the National Job Portal , I urge you to implement my following earlier request :



·         QuarterlyLabour Survey : A Still – Born  Child ?  ( 22  March  2017  )



------------------------------------------------------

·         Annual  Employment Survey  ( 26  Oct  2015  )




--------------------------------------------------------

If you write to Sundar Pichai  [ CEO , Google ] , he will not take more than 12 HOURS  to respond positively !









31  May  2017


No comments:

Post a Comment