Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Some questions remain unanswered





Hindustan Times ( 23 Feb ) carries following news :







Students who graduated from the University of Mumbai (MU) in 2016-17 will now be able to access their degree certificates online by sharing their Aadhaar details, the university announced at its annual convocation ceremony held at the Fort campus on Thursday .

“For the first time, all graduating students will be able to access their mark sheets digitally by simply sharing their Aadhaar details. Every student will have a personal username and password to access their individual certificates from the National Academic Depository (NAD),” said an official from MU.

NAD was formally launched at the National Convention on Digital Initiatives organised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in July 2017 in New Delhi, as part of the government’s Digital India initiative. The expectation is that NAD will drastically reduce incidents of fake degrees.


At FAQ page of  NAD web site (  http://nad.gov.in/faq.html  ) , I found this :



Q: How do I come to know if some employer ( verifier ) requests for verification of my certificate?


Ans: If some employer requests for a verification of your certificate record, NAD will notify you by sending an email / SMS on your registered details.





This seems clumsy !



I hope someone takes another look at the points raised by me in my following blog,


Consenting is Complicated  [  15  Sept  2016  ]





01   March  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment