Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 21 August 2024

EV manufacturing arm in India

 

Tesla in talks with Reliance to set up EV manufacturing arm in India  


Extract:

 

The Hindu BusinessLine reports that Tesla and Reliance Industries are in discussions to establish an electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing facility in India. The companies are exploring potential locations in states like Gujarat and Maharashtra for setting up this plant.

 

This initiative aligns with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Make in India" campaign, which aims to attract foreign companies to manufacture locally and diversify supply chains beyond China.

 

Senior Tesla executives are engaging with the Indian government this week to deliberate on local sourcing of parts and related matters. This move signifies Tesla's renewed interest in India following previous setbacks in entering the market due to high import taxes and operational challenges.


My Take:

 

Elon Musk: Welcome to Tesla's Toughest Challenge………..17/05/2023

 

"In my blog post from 2023, I discussed the significance of Tesla's global expansion and the challenges it might face in different markets.

 

The current news about Tesla's discussions with Reliance Industries to establish a manufacturing unit in India aligns with the visionary approach I highlighted.

 

The emphasis on local production falls in line with my earlier suggestion of adapting to local manufacturing norms to overcome trade barriers and optimize operational efficiency."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Same Rules Must Apply to Tesla………18/09/2023

 

"In my blog entry from September 2023, I underscored the importance of adhering to local regulations and policies for companies like Tesla looking to enter new markets.

 

The ongoing talks between Tesla and Reliance Industries regarding local manufacturing in India echo the essence of my previous discussion.

 

It's vital for Tesla to navigate the intricacies of foreign business environments, as underscored in my earlier writings, to establish a successful and sustainable presence in a diverse market like India."


Call to Action:

 

To the Indian government and business authorities involved in facilitating Tesla's entry into the Indian market, I urge a collaborative approach that ensures a seamless setup of the manufacturing arm.

 

Embracing transparency in negotiations and aligning policies to encourage green initiatives and technological advancements will pave the way for a mutually beneficial partnership between Tesla, Reliance Industries, and the Indian economy.


With regards, 

 

Hemen Parekh

 

www.My-Teacher.in

No comments:

Post a Comment