Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 7 July 2011

NO ONE’S MONOPOLY !


7 July 2011

NO ONE’S MONOPOLY !

Crimes [ whether against women or men or children ], must be deplored , irrespective of where / when they take place. They are indicative of a breakdown of law and order situation.

But obviously, in present day India, crimes against women are not a monopoly of any particular state, as can be seen from the following statistics reported in DNA ( mid June, 2011 ) :

Ø      Crimes against women per 100,000

  • Andhra Pradesh  ……………………..  30.7

  • Rajasthan   ………………………………   26.2

  • Delhi  ……………………………………….  23.9

  • Madhya Pradesh  …………………….. 22.3

  • Haryana  ………………………………….  21.9

  • Gujarat  …………………………………..  13.9

  • Maharashtra  ……………………………  13.8

And what is the response of the politicians to this sad state of affairs ?

Play a blame game. Play to the galleries. Blame the state government if it is managed by an opposition party.

Politicians who live in glass houses, should not throw stones at others !

With regards



HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment